Wednesday, April 26, 2023

anything new? / from the May 2011 archive

I am currently making submissions for grants and residencies.
Mostly I am enjoying reading and working on new ideas/projects.

Since inclusion in the Catlin Art Guide I have been approached by a surprising number of 'opportunities' that require me to pay a fee to get more opportunities that require a further fee. I think this is silly, so please don't offer me opportunities that require me to pay you. I am interested in being paid, in selling work and in making work. 

As a multi skilled professional I am; among other services; available for hire as Artist, photographer, workshop leader/ co-leader, researcher, translator, writer and organizer of events, schedules, exhibitions, performances and available as artistic director and editor.. I am always available for good ideas and positive action. But no more opportunities that make the organisation offering them rich and me poor.



and for your 'entertainment' : a very old clip from my project archive filmed on 16mm cine film in 2007.

update April 2023:
The archive link leads to an account that I have lost access to. Sadly it was hacked years ago. Google isn't very helpful. This leads me to really wish for more technical / digital independence. I am considering looking into self-hosting my work. In an un-hackable way. And on that topic I just listened to a Tim Ferris interview with Derek Sivers and that lead me to David Siver's webpage sharing a HOW to: Tech Independence 











No comments: